- Can teachers be friends with former students?
- Can a student text a teacher?
- Is it normal to have a crush on your teacher?
- Why teachers should not be friends with students on Facebook?
- Is it illegal to be friends with a teacher?
- Can teachers be friends with students on social media?
- Can teachers follow students?
- Can teachers say shut up?
- Is it illegal to friend your teacher on Facebook?
- Can schools punish for social media?
- Can teachers post photos of students?
- What social media do teachers use?
- Should teachers be friends with students?
Can teachers be friends with former students?
Originally Answered: Can I have a friendship with my former teacher .
Yes but it may be a little different due to age and other matters.
I talk to a few students I used to teach and while we are not friends, there is a lot of respect.
It works better when you are both away from the school..
Can a student text a teacher?
Many school districts have created guidelines that allow teacher-student texting, but limit exchanges to school-related topics or confine them to group texts that would, for example, allow a coach to tell his team that practice has been cancelled or a teacher to direct a group of students to be prepared to answer a …
Is it normal to have a crush on your teacher?
It is definitely normal to have crushes on teachers. … If you’re having the urge to act on your crush or to let your teacher know, then that can be a problem. As you know, a relationship between you and your teacher is not possible. It is, in fact, illegal, for very good reasons.
Why teachers should not be friends with students on Facebook?
Teachers and students shouldn’t be friends on Facebook because of privacy, harassment, age appropriate posts, expectations, prejudice, and personal activities. As much as teachers try not to allow outside knowledge affect their treatment of their students, it still can have a subliminal effect.
Is it illegal to be friends with a teacher?
Teachers have to follow a professional and personal code of conduct, which is set by the government. … The teacher should know that it’s not okay to invite students round to their home and to parties, unless they already know them outside of school as a family friend or relative.
Can teachers be friends with students on social media?
1. Every school should have a social media policy outlining how teachers should and shouldn’t interact on social media. 2. Faculty shouldn’t friend, follow, or otherwise engage with students on social media directly.
Can teachers follow students?
2. Do not “friend” or “follow” students on your personal social media accounts! Implement a rule that students can follow or friend you only after they graduate. … This means students that attempt to friend you might automatically see your status updates.
Can teachers say shut up?
No. They’re not supposed to yell “shut up.” It’s also not a big deal. Your teacher is not going to be disciplined or terminated for this unless you have a very irresponsible or retaliatory administration.
Is it illegal to friend your teacher on Facebook?
You are allowed to send friend requests to teachers but not all of them take it lightly. Many teachers like to keep a distance between them and students, to not allow them to mix things up.
Can schools punish for social media?
YES. But only for certain types of speech on social media. If you say something on social media during school hours or at a school function or event that officials believe could lead to a “substantial disruption,” your school can discipline you.
Can teachers post photos of students?
So, if you want to post a picture of yourself teaching, and the backs of the heads of some of your students are in the shot, you’re fine. But if anyone can look at the picture and identify an individual student by name, you can’t post it.
What social media do teachers use?
So, to simplify this daunting task for teachers, the following list consists of the best social media for teachers.The Connected Educator. A great site for connecting with other educators is edConnectr. … Edmodo. … TedEd. … Google+ … Facebook. … Twitter. … Instagram. … Vimeo.More items…•
Should teachers be friends with students?
It’s okay to have a fun relationship with teachers. When they befriend you, they are easier to talk to, they understand their students more, and it can even make learning more fun. If they take the friendship too far that is wrong. It’s okay to have a teacher trying to be a student’s friend.